Stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EBenns

Aquarium Advice Regular
Okay so I'm going to be making my 29g tank a peacock tank. Right now I have a bumblebee an acei a jewel a convict. These four have always been great together with no problems, I'm wondering if these four can be alright added to my 55g with 9 Africans already in there. Will there be any problems with the one convict?

Personally I would NOT have the fish you already have in a 29 together. I'm guessing the are small because the bumblebee and the convict can be very aggressive and get decent size. IMO your going to only have problems in the 29 and if you add them all to the 55 you'll have problems there too.

Last edited:
Personally I would NOT have the fish you already have in a 29 together. I'm guessing the are small because the bumblebee and the convict can be very aggressive and get decent size. IMO your going to only have problems in the 29 and if you add them all to the 55 you'll have problems there too.

Hey TCC I fixed this if im wrong please tell me and ill edit

They are full grown now but they all grew up together and there is barely any aggression but I think the 29 is a bit to small for the bumblebee so I think I might try to get rid of them :( and I ment 60g not 55g. I would rather not get rid of all of them, would I be able to add the acei and jewel to the 60g that already has one of each?

Alright... Well you could add the other Africans including the bumblebee to the 60 but I'd leave out the convict and go from there.

Alright... Well you could add the other Africans including the bumblebee to the 60 but I'd leave out the convict and go from there.
That would be nice, that is what I would like to do. My stock now in the 60g is as follows:

1 bumblebee
1 acei
1 jewel
1 kenyi
1 yellow lab
1 orange blotch
1 demanson
2 auratus

The one thing I'm worried about is the two bumblebees, they're both girls

So I might be making the move today, or this weekend. I was wondering if my little almost 2 inch demasoni will be okay with my full grown about 6 inch bumblebee. There will be lots if hiding spots.

Back
Top Bottom