Stocking Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jdwhite807

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have some questions about stocking my tank, here is my delima. I bought a 40 gallon breeder got it going on my own just be reading this forum. Went to the LFS which I will never go back to again, and talked to the guy about what type of fish that I wanted to keep. I have done some research on fish but it is all so confusing. I showed him what I liked based on appearance and he never even hinted that the combination of fish I was putting in my tank was a bad idea. I ended up walking away with 1 Tiger Barb, 1 Red Tail, 1 Platinum Gourami, and 1 Yellow Lab. Needless to say the Barb had to go. It wouldnt leave any of the others alone. I ended up with an Electric Blue in the Barbs place and also one more African that I have not Identified. Everyone on here says that this combination will not work but so far they all seem to be fine together. Any suggestions on what I can put next. I want to stay with the African Cichlids and I really like ones with color. Any names of fish would be awesome and thank you in advance for your help.

Back
Top Bottom