stocklist ideas for 43 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DAZZLER87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
well after 2 years of research, im going to be setting up a mbuna cichlid tank.

sorry please ignore the post i ment (53 gallons).my ph is 7.8
the thing is i like so many of them i just cant choose.thats where you all come in.

could you give me some stockilist ideas.id like the list to include yellow labs.thanks in advance:):dance:

Labs are good, but stay away from anything too aggressive to go with them.
Maybe some acei the yellow tail variety is nice.
I have psudeotropheus elongatus chalousi with my labs , they look great .

But it depends on the colours your looking for. There is certainly a lot if blue available. Lol

yeah i would like alot of colour.

the yellow labs and acei would be fab together.what else would you recommend i add?? and how many of each? how about some peacocks?

thanks for your reply.yeah there is alot of blue

It depends. Some people do all male tanks. Other have 1 male to a least 3 females.

Mixing mbuna and peacocks is not recommemded but people do, do it successfully. Male peacocks carry the colour but don't have more than 1 variety as males can kill each other.

I'm going to have to play devil's advocate here, i find it odd that after "2 years of research" you still have no clue of a potential stock list.

What are the dimensions of the tank?

I'm gonna have to agree with mogu here after 2 yrs you should realize your on the very small end for mbunas and imo way to small for acei. A tank that size you should stick with your more mellow mbunas like labs

no its not odd.just because ive done 2yrs of research doesnt mean i know exactly what i want.yeah sure i have had a few ideas but just wanted your input.ive had a freshwater tank for 6 years and im not always sure what i want in that.yeah im on the small end right now but i didnt state im moving house around october /november and im upgrading to a 350 litre tank (76 gallons) i just dont have the room right now.so they will only be in the 53 gallon for about 6 months.the measurements of the 53 gallon are 121 x 45 x 55 cm.they will all be juvenile also.

You are going to want to stick with smaller less aggressive species of Mbuna like labs, Rustys, Afras. To start out I wouldn't mix peacocks with Mbuna until you get a better idea of their behavior. Stay away from highly aggressive species like Kenyi, Bumble Bees, Auratus, Demasoni they are not for beginners are require careful stocking.

Also another thing is it seems you are not in the US, so the best way to go would be to tell us what you have available to you and then make a stock list based off that information.

Back
Top Bottom