Stress advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RMC

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi folks,

I own a tank with 6 juvenile Electric Blue Acaras (Inch and half max) and a juvenile rainbow shark, both are only a few months old. They are in the tank a week and a half and have been getting on perfect, eating well and look happy.
However, I noticed the last 2 days the EBAs have developed a red tint that comes and goes. Is this stress? (or perhaps was this colouration existing and they lost it while being moved to a new tank?)
If its stress, does anyone know why?

My thoughts have been... either they aren't fully settled in yet because they are doing an extremely occasionally level of glass surfing.

My other thought is my filter broke on Saturday and I had to buy a new one... the one I bought is more powerful than the last and noticeably pushes more water. With that being said it is the correct size for the tank. Is the flow too strong?

Tank parameters yesterday:
350L Tank
PH: 7.6
High-level PH: 7.4
Ammonia: (0.5ppm) is this too high?
Nitrite: 0.25ppm
Nitrate: 0ppm
The tank was cycled for 2.5 weeks with live plants

I am reletivly new to all this so all help is appreciated.
Thanks

Hi folks,

I own a tank with 6 juvenile Electric Blue Acaras (Inch and half max) and a juvenile rainbow shark, both are only a few months old. They are in the tank a week and a half and have been getting on perfect, eating well and look happy.
However, I noticed the last 2 days the EBAs have developed a red tint that comes and goes. Is this stress? (or perhaps was this colouration existing and they lost it while being moved to a new tank?)
If its stress, does anyone know why?

My thoughts have been... either they aren't fully settled in yet because they are doing an extremely occasionally level of glass surfing.

My other thought is my filter broke on Saturday and I had to buy a new one... the one I bought is more powerful than the last and noticeably pushes more water. With that being said it is the correct size for the tank. Is the flow too strong?

Tank parameters yesterday:
350L Tank
PH: 7.6
High-level PH: 7.4
Ammonia: (0.5ppm) is this too high?
Nitrite: 0.25ppm
Nitrate: 0ppm
The tank was cycled for 2.5 weeks with live plants

I am relatively new to all this so all help is appreciated.
Thanks

It would also be worth noting that I used the bio max filter media from the old filter in the new filter as to not restart the bacteria cycle.

Back
Top Bottom