Stressed fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Italy592

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Have red empress male and it's about 3-4 inches big but not showing as much red as I thought it would does that mean its stressed or just new more growing !?

And my acei male is purple does that mean its stressed as well or no !?

I have a pair of yellow labs one red zebra male and 3 females a pair of red empresses and a pair of acei. Plenty of caves and the water parameters are stable and excellent !! Feed them small portions twice a A day I really think there fine they all swim all over the tank all are eating and active I just wondering of I have to wait for them to grow to see more color for them just curious any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated !!

Some fishes color
Just come and go, check every so often you
Might see they change a little bit. If they arent eating or moving around like they used to then They should be ok :)

Thanks finally someone replyed and you think the red empress will gain more color as he gets bigger/mature ? Or is it a crap shoot ? And they all are swimming ad eating like pigs haha so i think there healthy ha

Well, if you can send me a picture i can definatly give you more details, I can compare it to others. SOME fish just lose color as they grow. And in males; their color is more vibrant during spawning. And it comes and goes

Well I wana add pictures but it won't let me i don't know why

Strange.. Well computers arent really MY thing. I use the iphone app :-/
But honestly if they are eating and swimming with ease just let it be. Keep doing what your doing :). Keep an eye on them the color will most likley come and go

Ok thanks you were a big help no one else wante to comment hahaha

Ok what kind of fish do u have well I should say cichlids

I have a red zebra, and aratus, and a birchardi. Had an AMAZING blue johonni but he passed away.. Hes my
Avitar photo.. I also have a nano reef. Ive notice that color
Change in all my fish at one point..

Back
Top Bottom