Stripping female lab?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaman1978

Aquarium Advice Freak
What happens if I stripped my female lab to early? I saw eyes and was unsure how far along the fish was and I bought it off a stranger who didn't know she was holding, so no time line. Didn't strip all babies as I saw that the fry wasn't ready. They had eyes and brown sacks on their bellies. They were swimming around a little bit, but then I had to go back to work. Is there a chance that they will be ok?

If stripped to early you may need an egg tumbler to keep them alive. They should be okay for a few more days so I would plan on stripping soonish. From what you described sounds like they still have their egg sacks and it could be a couple more days to absorb this and become free swimming

I've been looking a lot into this kinda stuff lately, but I could still be wrong.

from what I've read it's okay to strip fry with their egg sacks in tact, as long as they are able to move around a bit
Add an air bubbler and some malachite green/anti fungal to their water and that should keep them in good shape.

I'd definitely way a few more days to strip the rest from her though.

Going to wait for sure. Felt bad when I say the four come out the way they did. They are still swimming around and moving but will wait about a week or so unless she starts to spit out.

Back
Top Bottom