Stripping females?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joostrom

Aquarium Advice Activist
What is the best way to strip a female and how many days in should I do it?

I try to strip them. I would say let nature do his work. You have to thumble your eggs. Witch is hard to do. So I let nature do the work. My yellow labs or the hardest ones. She try to do twice breeding. But she is a bad mother because she eating the eggs. On the other hand convicts or like a mom taking care of there fry. And doint mess with dad they team up. Time will tell. I,m sure you will get some fry off them. Maybe not now around spring and summer time they get bizzy. Good luck

I wait till at least day 14, that way you're stripping babies and not eggs.
I drain some tank water into a bucket and put the fish in it. With my right hand I hold her. I use my left fingernail to gently open her mouth. Some babies will come right out. For the ones that don't, I VERY GENTLY tap her throat pouch. For the last stubborn few ill turn her face down in the water and kinda dunk her.
Now she's got air trapped in her little body, so turn her face up and lower her into the water. The air will escape.
Put her back into the tank, and you're done!

Back
Top Bottom