Stubby lost his head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nirbhao

Aquarium Advice Addict
20 long planted
Ammonia and nitrites zero
82° F
AquaClear 20
Blue rams- one male, one female
Harlequin rasboras - 7
Upgraded from a 10 gallon at the beginning of the year

Yesterday he was fine. This morning it looked like he had a popped blister.
1484864342967.jpg

Left for a few hours, and we came back, it looked like a gash.
1484864354357.jpg

I gave him a salt bath and moved him to the 10 gallon that has nothing but a modified Aqueon Whisper 10. I'll be getting a heater this evening. I dosed with PraziPro and MelaFix.

I dosed the main tank with Prazi Pro after a 50% water change.

What is this and what else do I need to do?

Clean water and some salt. Nature should take its coarse and have him back to normal in no time

Im just about 99% sure its trauma. If i could find it, ill post pics of my fish who did the same...

This was in 2011
He healed up quick and was fine... did this a few times actually
1484921401909.jpg

Stubby no longer can keep himself upright. He was spinning in circles horizontally at the surface and then took a nose dive belly up. Then he lays on the bottom until something bumps him.

Oh man, that's bad.. his gills look awfully irritated??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

At this point, there could be something else going on. Perhaps it caused him to move irratically and bump his head

He was hitting his head on everything shortly before he went into the spirals.

I euthanized him. Watching him try to get upright only to land face down in the substrate was terrible.

Had that happen to 2 of my adult african cichlids... so much hope they return to normal but usually they dont... just makes you wonder what was happening. Was he being harassed at all?

I didn't see any harassment. There were seven Harlequin rasboras and the female ram he had previously spawned with. She's probably a third of his size.

Back
Top Bottom