Suitable tank mate with GBR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltwaterbeginners

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am trying to start a GBR tank but I want to get other rams too. Can I combine GBR with other rams like electric rams and other rams?

What size of tank? Rams can be very territorial and aggressive especially during breeding.

That should be enough room, but I'm not an expert on rams. I have GBR's in a 30 with cardinals, and some others, but I don't know much about mixing them with Bolivians, or EBR's

My understanding is that they are territorial, a 50 should be enough space, unless there's something I don't know.

GBR's, EBR's, Golden, and Angel rams are all the same species, so will be fine to combine. You can also add Apistogramma as well. Bolivian rams are a different species, and prefer slightly cooler water than GBR's and apisto's... but some people keep them with GBR's, and they seem to do fine.

In a 50 gal tank, I'd get two ram pairs, and an apisto. Or Four male rams, with lots of plants!

GBR's, EBR's, Golden, and Angel rams are all the same species, so will be fine to combine. You can also add Apistogramma as well. Bolivian rams are a different species, and prefer slightly cooler water than GBR's and apisto's... but some people keep them with GBR's, and they seem to do fine.

In a 50 gal tank, I'd get two ram pairs, and an apisto. Or Four male rams, with lots of plants!

Thanks! I need some rocks too.

That should be enough room, but I'm not an expert on rams. I have GBR's in a 30 with cardinals, and some others, but I don't know much about mixing them with Bolivians, or EBR's

My understanding is that they are territorial, a 50 should be enough space, unless there's something I don't know.

Ok. Thanks for replying.

Back
Top Bottom