Surprised By Spawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morningman

Aquarium Advice Regular
I went camping this past weekend. When I got home , I discovered that a young pair (7 months maybe) of Clown Angelfish (which I purchased just 3 weeks ago) had spawned in my planted 125 gallon. I have 4 other Angels in the tank, 10 Pristella Tetras, and a couple of Bristlenose cats. So far, they have been perfect parents, moving the wigglers from site to site, and chasing any intruders away. They should be free swimming in a day or so.

1st time! I've had many pairs over the years, and usually they struggle with the first few spawns. Since they're in a planted tank with other fish....I'm not expecting great success. I'll probably move them to their own bare bottom tank in a week or so.

Still alive and well

They're still hangin in there. Just wigglers right now, but i estimate they'll go free swimming tomorrow. Mom and Dad have taken care of this brood in "Textbook" fashion up to this point. I've got a fresh batch of BBS brewing and an active culture of microworms ready for them.

Back
Top Bottom