tanganykin setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my, where to start? I would put a trio of Altolamprologus Calvus or Compressiceps (1m 2f color of your choice), a pair of Julidochromis Transcriptus (1m 1f), and a trio of Lamprologus Multifasciatus (1m 2f). This will give you a variety of different styles of Lake Tanganyika Cichlids. They all get along, so this makes for a peaceful but active community environment with the Lake Tanganyika personalities. Most of these you can start off with as young fish. But I would (beacuse of thier slow growing) try and get the Alto's a little larger.

Wow,

Its like you two are speaking a whole different language there. :agrue:

Gd luck with your tank ben :wink:

thank you tht sounds really good ill probs do that any more ideas would be helpful.Oh and with those fish u suggested i believe at least 2 are shelldweller species so what sized shells would they need

The Multies are really the only shellies. The Transcriptus is really a rock dweller (just a smaller one). But as for the shells, I ordered from
http://www.cichlidbreeding.com/
24 of the Tonna Shells and 24 of the Goldmouth Turbo Shells. Escargot shells work really well too. It was kinda cool because they ended up sending 28 of each. But I went a little over kill on the shells. Anyway, you want shells that are only 1 to 2 inches across.

oh soz i was thinking of lamprolgus brevis sorry im tired lol

Just out of interest would any synodontis be able to go in this tank
I no if the fish breed they would probably eat the eggs

That's another nice shellie. But I would choose only one or the other. Different species shell dwellers usually do not get along well together.
:slurp:

Synodontis dhonti
Synodontis granulosus
Synodontis lacustricolus
Synodontis multipunctatus
Synodontis nigromaculatus
Synodontis petricola
Synodontis petricola
Synodontis polli
Synodontis serratus

I recently saw a Lake Tanganyikan Eel (Aethiomastacembelus ellipsifer
) at the LFS. Not sure if it would 'get along' well with what you end up getting, but I thought it was a great looking specimen. I was, however, told that they're incredibly expensive... Anyways, keep us posted :)

hmmm... I like the topic. My favorite fish in my tank are the Syno Petricolas. They have great personalities... I've got 3 of them... Only about a 1/2 inch each right now... But they swim all over the tank together... All through the holes of my Texas Holey Rocks. Very active. I think Petricolas are a must for a Tanganyikan tank, but just my opinion.

I am partial to my Frontosas also, but they get large, mine are currently about 2 inches long... My Juli Transcripti add some nice color to the tank also, but have been just hiding in the rocks, only coming out for food. Calvi are very nice looking also.

thank you all for ur help i was wondering if any1 knows of any websites that deliver fish at not to expensive prices to north east area in the uk

Back
Top Bottom