Tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellissacolleen

Aquarium Advice Regular
I would like to add another frontosa to my tank. I have a frontosa a yellow lab and a demasoni in my tank so far would adding another frontosa cause problems or would it be okay?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They really should be kept in groups but even one needs a huge tank.

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I will have a bigger tank by Christmas. My fish are fine in the tank for a few months. My sister in law kept cichlids in this exact tank for a year one of them being a frontosa. Her fish are all doing amazing. My fish won't be in there nearly as long I get them as small as I can from the pet store I don't wanna sound rude but my tank is not an issue for the time being. What I am concerned about is if I put another frontosa baby in there if the two if them will gang up on my other two fish the frontsa I have is my most least aggressive fish in the tank right now.

And I have a 35 gallon right now. my parents are getting me a 90 gallon for Christmas its already planned out

A 90 gallon is still small.... These fish grow 12 inch and that 90g is 48 inches so figure 24 inches will be taken up by the fonts.... just trying to give you helpful info and better quality of life for fish.... i think most africans should be kept In a 75g..... my whole room is 75g and 45g f o r smaller africans and grow out usually use a 55g....i have 12 75g tanks and 2 125g 3 45g and 16 55g tanks...

Okay Ill ask for a bigger tank I'm sure my parents will not care. For the time being would it be okay to add another baby frontosa to my tank?

Unfortunately my pet store is very knowledgeable in the cichlid department I asked when I got my first one and the guy had no idea what i was talking about I'll try again when I get my second one but I doubt they will know :(

Oh ok cause dome get more blue than others depending on where they are collected....thats why I really don't buy from lfs...mire local breeders and online trusted importers

Yeah i don't like buying from them but I can't find any local breeders around where I live I've been considering ordering offline but don't know. How does it work? I would be so worried about my fish showing up dead

Where do you order from I've been considering trying it. I've been looking at cichlid express

Look at fontosafactory.com for your fonts or valleyaquatics.com, davesrarefish.com depending on where you live shipping can be pretty cheap like valleyaquatics.com is in Pennsylvania and I'm in nyc so shipping is so minimal

Is it possible to ship fish from the us to canada? I think you may need to find a seller in Canada.

Back
Top Bottom