Tank mates for blue rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bshenanagins

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just like it says. I have goldfish in there that have to go as I have learned so with the exception of the neons (no longer a fan of) and my Cory's I have not much in there. Had a betta but he recently died due to a slight ammonia and nitrate spike as a result of some dead tetras that I could not find and having too many goldfish. I also have a small case of fungus with a couple neons and currently treating with Pima/Melafix. But one my situation is cleared up what would be some good matches wth rams?

Rams are pretty easy going as long as they arent breeding. so you have a lot of options. rams do like a warmer tank 78 to 82F. That needs to be takien into account.I would shy away from other dwarf cichlids an stick with peaceful community stock. That said, Your tank has a good list of issues that need correcting before you should drop money on rams. I know your working on it and that's awesome. Whatever stock you decide on. Make the rams the last fish you add to the tank.

Good luck!

Thanks, I have rainbow shark and for the most part he tends to himself but once I feed everyone he gets agitated that everyone is swimming in his territory so he'll chase my plattys. You think he'll stress my rams out too much?

I have my blue rams in my planted community tank they never start any problems. I have tried rams in other tanks and it has not worked. IMO rams are delicate and don't do well with other cichlids. They are in there with barbs mollies tetras platys peppered cats so hope that helps

I too kept them in a planted community tank..corys mollys platys guppies tetras

Back
Top Bottom