Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-07-2021, 06:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Tank mates for our Angels

New to the hobby and I'm getting mixed advise from various sources.
For example, one person claims Cherry Barbs are a good choice of tank mate for Angels, while several others disagree claiming they are fin nippers.
Currently we have a 40 gallon tank with 4 Angels, 4 Dalmation Mollies, 3 Cories, 2 YoYo Loaches and about 8 Guppies.
Are we at our limit for this tank? Would like something colorful and lively.

Old 04-08-2021, 12:31 AM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Tank mates for our Angels

I suspect the angel fish will take out the guppies and maybe mollies (anything small and hangs around near surface) as they get older. I find angel fish look sedate but have a good turn of speed when they want.

Cherry barbs Iíd have thought fine. I have two remaining tiger barbs and they only harass each other. Keep the school large enough and theyíll be too busy imo.

Definitely wouldnít get more angel fish. And would have plants, fake plants or driftwood to split the angel fish up a little. When mine have laid eggs in the past (they never make it past overnight), Iíve found about a square foot gets ďclaimedĒ and trespassing fish seen off.

Tags
angel, angels, ate, mate, tan, tank, tank mates

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com