Tank size for a jack dempsey pair?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh7

Aquarium Advice Addict
Title says it all what's the tank size I need for a Jack Dempsey pair?

Alright just a idea for a new tank haha I wanna get a 180 after college

Jacks are cool. I enjoy mine a lot

Last edited by a moderator:
Yah I really want to do at least one with a lima shovelnose in the future

Well I do have a spare 55 I may be able to setup haha

josh7 said:
Well I do have a spare 55 I may be able to setup haha

I do 50% water changes once a week and make sure not to over feed. They seem to be happy in the tank they are in. They are both over 6" and in perfect health.

Yah if I do it I'm thinking 1 jack and maybe a featherfin catfish? Have 1 with my Oscar in a 75 gallon and the get along great.

josh7 said:
Yah if I do it I'm thinking 1 jack and maybe a featherfin catfish? Have 1 with my Oscar in a 75 gallon and the get along great.

I would be more concerned with the Oscar in the 75 long term than the jack in a 55.

Well IMO the Oscar will be fine lol i have extremely good maintenance 2 50 percent water changes a week and I have 1 aquaclear 110 and emperor 400 on it my nitrates are always at or right below 10. Also the oscar has plenty of turning room and the tank is 4 times it's length so it has enough swimming room

josh7 said:
Well IMO the Oscar will be fine lol i have extremely good maintenance 2 50 percent water changes a week and I have 1 aquaclear 110 and emperor 400 on it my nitrates are always at or right below 10. Also the oscar has plenty of turning room and the tank is 4 times it's length so it has enough swimming room

What size is it now?

I don't sorry my cameras broke on my iPod and don't have a digital lol

Back
Top Bottom