Tank update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdaddy2

Aquarium Advice Regular
Tank up and running. Nitrite spike today, cycling going good. Can't wait to add some fish!

image-1742640575.jpg

I get nervous when I see rocks stacked like that....one falls, then they all fall, then...floooooood! Ahhhhhh

Ive never been worried about my rocks falling over like that, and really nice tank!

The rocks will be fine. The one on the top left does look to be precariously placed though. Maybe it's just my vantage point.
Try a black background too:)

Thanks everyone. I love how it came out. All the rocks started from the bottom of the tank with the black sand added around, all with pretty flat edges...Acrylc tank too, so I think it could take a hit...knock on wood. Top left is just sitting there, but would take some effort to knock down. Here's some side profiles and caves..

View attachment 214558

image-3018395703.jpg

image-218592964.jpg

image-2697399312.jpg

Your on cichlid discussions so depending on fish choice some dig an will move vast amounts of gravel , if the rocks are not on bottom of tank this could cause a rock fall , I am in process of removing all my gravel an setting my base rocks on egg crate giving a solid base to build

Yes...this will be a malawi cichlid tank. Didn't use egg crate... Bottom rocks are on a small later of sand with the rest added around the base...definitely solid.

The rocks will be fine. The one on the top left does look to be precariously placed though. Maybe it's just my vantage point.
Try a black background too:)

Tossing around the black background idea, maybe a bright blue

Im also interested in knowing if those are live plants?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They are silk plants, they look pretty real, flow nicely in the water

Be careful of scratches with the rocks. Heard that acrylic scratches really easily. And a black or dark background would look good also, makes the colors on the brighter fish pop.

Back
Top Bottom