TankMates For A Juvenile Angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diamonte

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 20gallon aquarium with 1 juvenile angelfish..... I'm ready for some more fish but I don't know any cool fish to put with the angelfish. Can someone help me

My fish is really typing......

Are you planning to rehome the angel later? a 20 is too small imo

If you plan on moving the angel when it grows up 6 neons OR 5 cories OR 6 cherry barbs would be interesting.

I have a 20gallon aquarium with 1 juvenile angelfish..... I'm ready for some more fish but I don't know any cool fish to put with the angelfish. Can someone help me

If it's a smaller Angel, you may want to add a couple more as small Angels are more secure in schools than alone. Once they get a good medium size, they will survive alone better than as a small. (y)

Are you planning to rehome the angel later? a 20 is too small imo

If you plan on moving the angel when it grows up 6 neons OR 5 cories OR 6 cherry barbs would be interesting.

Yes I'm planning on moving them

If it's a smaller Angel, you may want to add a couple more as small Angels are more secure in schools than alone. Once they get a good medium size, they will survive alone better than as a small. (y)

That's true but make sure you have space for them once you move em.

Can you add gouramis? If so which ones?

You'd be better off with some of the smaller varieties of Gourami's ( Honey, Dwarf, Dwarf sub colors). Stay away for the larger ones like Blues, Golds, Pearls, Moonlights, kissers, giants, etc. While some of these CAN fit nicely in a smaller tank, they can also get a bit aggressive which would not be good for your smaller Angels.

Hope this helps. (y)

You'd be better off with some of the smaller varieties of Gourami's ( Honey, Dwarf, Dwarf sub colors). Stay away for the larger ones like Blues, Golds, Pearls, Moonlights, kissers, giants, etc. While some of these CAN fit nicely in a smaller tank, they can also get a bit aggressive which would not be good for your smaller Angels.

Hope this helps. (y)

Thanks ...... But would a kissing gourami be OK period with a angelfish

Thanks ...... But would a kissing gourami be OK period with a angelfish

Yes, in the right sized tank with the right size fish. For starters, you don't have the right size tank if it's only a 20. The rest is a moot point. ;)
Kissers get large so you would need a very large tank for them. To mix with an Angel, you'd be better off mixing a larger Angel with smaller kissers and let them grow together. The other way around is more tricky. :blink: (y)

Are hatchet fish or rainbow fish OK?

Are hatchet fish or rainbow fish OK?

Hatchets yes, Rainbows, maybe. Not all the different varieties get large but you do need to check out specific water quality parameters for the ones you are interested in. Some like fast water and Angels don;t, for sure, like fast water. Also, the quick movement of the rainbows might be too much for the Angels AND hatchets. ( Make sure you have a good lid with hatchets. They like to jump. ) (y)

So what about Australian Rainbow's?

Back
Top Bottom