tanks that have cichlids breeding and tips please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zakwhite

Aquarium Advice Activist
ets see your pictures of your tanks which have breeding cichlids in and any tips would be great wanting to hopefully have some to breed in mine but want to see some pictures of some set ups would be a great help received my ocean rock today getting 37kgs more delivered tomorrow!!

cheers for that not planning to put plants in though although i might do

garfy said:
My plants are all fake at the moment so they are very low maintenance lol.I am thinking of putting live plants in there soon though.

wont the cichlids eat them?

garfy said:
Apparently Anubias and java fern do pretty good,but I will just add a few to begin with and see how it goes.

:) cool

Heres mine....my cichlids are starting to make nest so i know they will start holding soon

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120206_184258.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120206_184258.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 93
xfactor - where'd you get those rocks and what are they? I'm in the process of starting up my cichlid tank and currently going crazy with what kind of rocks and how to stack them

Acei just spit her babies out ab a week ago, i have them n a 10 gal now

Attachments

• image-482337735.jpg
    image-482337735.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 70
cerulean_blue said:
xfactor - where'd you get those rocks and what are they? I'm in the process of starting up my cichlid tank and currently going crazy with what kind of rocks and how to stack them

The rocks in mine are base rock lava rock and ebony lava rock( the ebony is black but has a metallic blue tint to it) i got them at pet supply plus

I've had 4 pregnancy's and I actually gave a breeders tank for when females get knocked up ha !!!! I wasn't planning on breeding but it just started happening so mch !!!!

Back
Top Bottom