Terrified Blood Parrot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxy0416

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had my blood parrot (along with some gouramis and danios) for about a year now. My blood parrot has been great! My favorite fish. So personable.

I moved last weekend to another apartment. I of course moved them with me. All my fish act just fine, but the blood parrot is SO scared of me. I can't go anywhere near the tank without it freaking out and hiding. It's fine when I open the lid to feed them. It has no problem coming out to eat. But just a matter of me walking by scares it. This has never been an issue before.

Has anyone else had this problem? Did I .. lose its trust perhaps by netting it temporarily to move?

I just want my sweet fish back! :angel:

Lights have been off most of the day. I turn them on when I get off work around 5:15 and turn them off by 10 or so. So they aren't on very long.

Yeah Just give it some time. I am going through a similar thing. I sold of a bunch of 6 month old firemouths and only kept a few. The few I kept and the severum I have in the grow out tank wont come out of hiding now but it has only been a day. I am confident in a few days they are going to be back to their normal self. I think they are just waiting for the big blue net to come after them again. Just have to wait for them to forget about it.

Back
Top Bottom