Texas Breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also: i pulled out each individual fish as a "check-up" and i measured and looked closer at the dorsal of each fish for the black spot.

The new fish i bought was male, unfortunately. The smallest of the 4 Texas is also a male, as well as the biggest... The one that i saidi was sure was female, is, as far as i can tell, female.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445910225.052033.jpg

Not sure if you can see it there... Her fins also arent so pointy when she is swimming, they are were clamped down when she was out of the water for a few seconds.

Side-note: they are really tough. I took each fish out and spent about 20-30 seconds apiece measuring them, and they didn't act stressed or anything when they returned to the water. Pretty cool. Most fish would've been pretty bothered by that.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Ok, I've spared some driftwood and added it in. The tactical use of the filter input meant i only had to use one piece of rock to hold it down.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446072512.811264.jpg

Sadly, they are all hiding from the camera still...

Its kind of divided of at the right-hand side, which should provide a bit of security, i hope.

Here is the area that is "secure." It has a nice little curvy piece of driftwood i found, i think its a nice piece.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446072596.710011.jpg

It rained here today, so i found some earthworms to feed them. The male ate 2 and the female ate 1/2. They seemed to be scared of them, it was quite funny to watch them try to eat it before it wiggled.

I am also probably going to remove the newest fish, the big male is still pushing it around a lot. And the new one is going after the female. I don't think that he is worth the trouble...

Also did a 15-20% cold WC last nightz

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom