texas cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's. Column tank. Never found a divider that tall. Will he kill her? Is this part of spawning?

Make a divider out of eggcrate. Then you can cut it to fit the tank. Almost all large SA cichlids get HIGHLY aggressive during spawning which sometimes leaves the smaller of the two being killed.

He is the smaller lol. She is doing a good job staying out of his way. More or less he's just controling her.

Yes he can kill her if it's allowed to go on. My female Texas killed her mates before a divider was installed.

How many gallons is this tank, size of fish.

A Texas grows to 10+ inches and having a spawning pair you would likely need a 75g. 48"x18" and even then a divider may still be needed. The bully behavior is part of breeding. It's the male showing he wants to spawn and if she is Un willing he can potentially kill her.

Besides that a full grown Texas male or female will need a minimum of 55g to themselves. Thats why I asked the size of your tank.

There 2-3 inches. I'm aware of tank requirements. There in a 60 gal now and I have a 75gal that's not set up yet. They are still small.

Back
Top Bottom