Texas cichlids- alert and proud parents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DI68

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hopefully this link works..I had recently bought a couple of new Texas not knowing their sex and I now know that the original (larger one ) I had was the male after watching a clip of Texas fertilizing their eggs. We learn something new everyday :) .I refer to him in the past tense as they breed again and he went reclusive and died a few days afterwards??? Not sure if anyone knows why as I believe they have a long lifespan?

Video didn't load:(.Format is MOV. Nothing happened in preview so I joined You Tube and can't work out how to actually load a video on there???? :banghead: The only way I can see that I can upload is to share my Facebook and don't want to do that.
Any techos out there who can help??? Would love to share the movie of the fry and beautiful Texas for your viewing pleasure .:popcorn:

Last edited:
Very nice fish. They look great in their breeding dress. I currently have a few hundred fry myself. The only thing I would suggest is to ensure your t.v. background noise is turned off :)

Tandanus thanks for the tip.I was so excited at the time I just filmed with my mobile phone as I was about to leave for the weekend. Sadly there weren't as many when I got back. Next time they bred I made sure I captured around a dozen fry and they are doing nicely in their small tank :fish2:

Thanks Mikem691- I think the male Tex looks amazing with his colours. I will try to get a bit more technical if I get the time and work out how to change background noise so it's a bit more peaceful to watch.

Back
Top Bottom