Texas holey rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CamERER

Aquarium Advice Regular
Thinking about getting some Texas holey rock for my Malawi tank. I wanted to know if they have hollow areas that fish get stuck in and can die in. I have had a fish get stuck in a plastic rock and die and had to saw it open to get it out. It had been wedged in and was crushed from trying to get out. Will that happen to Texas holey rock?

Can't say I've heard of any issues but others will know more.

I had a tetra manage to nose dive between filters this weekend as I did a pwc and fish was lucky as only had an ich of water left before I saw it - they do strange things sometimes.

Can't say I've heard of any issues but others will know more.

I had a tetra manage to nose dive between filters this weekend as I did a pwc and fish was lucky as only had an ich of water left before I saw it - they do strange things sometimes.

Tell me about it. I once had a c. aeneus get himself lodged in a hole in some lava rock. I got him out, but his barbels were destroyed. Amazingly, he survived and they grew back.

I have over 200 lbs of holey rock in my 120 mixed cichlid tank. No problems.
Note: if you have a rock yard near your place, good idea to shop for your holey rock there. I paid 20 cents a pound for mine. Much cheaper than LFS and a hugely better selection.

Back
Top Bottom