Texas holey rock alternative

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cuthysmalz2

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Been looking around and found this. Looks like an alternative to the real one without the added weight which is good and saving on the expensive shipping of rocks. Anybody know of this or use it themselves ? If so please let me know.

http://www.yourfishstuff.com/products/Holey-Rocks.html

Also they have a YouTube on what it looks like and so far looks pretty good.

I've never seem them although they do look very realistic. The only thing is they're not shy about charging for it. If you have a large aquarium to fill it's going to cost a small fortune. Have you tried a local landscape supply company, I've been able to find holey rock and holey boulders for 6-45 cents per pound. The holey boulders have all the same characteristics of holey rock just with much smaller holes and much rougher surface which looks much more realistic than the rock. I have alot of holey rock as well and to me it starts to look fake after awhile. Check out some local landscape supply and you might be surprised at what you find, I know I was.

HUKIT said:
I've never seem them although they do look very realistic. The only thing is they're not shy about charging for it. If you have a large aquarium to fill it's going to cost a small fortune. Have you tried a local landscape supply company, I've been able to find holey rock and holey boulders for 6-45 cents per pound. The holey boulders have all the same characteristics of holey rock just with much smaller holes and much rougher surface which looks much more realistic than the rock. I have alot of holey rock as well and to me it starts to look fake after awhile. Check out some local landscape supply and you might be surprised at what you find, I know I was.

Ya they are pricey although they do have an eBay which is **** of a lot cheaper. Unfortunately the few landscape stores here don't have them which is why i have been looking online

Back
Top Bottom