The Blue Terror

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldenchld

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So thought I'd put some more pics of this little jerk(Blue Acara)

image-1896627426.jpg

image-2596003976.jpg

. He(pretty sure a male) at 3" has killed everything but the pleco and giant Danios. I'm done trying to find him friends in this 55g.

Wow that thing is a devil if he has killed convicts. That guy has some issues...

I justed picked up 3 of those...wondering if I need to worry now.

No, it's my luck, Acaras are usually peaceful. Wonder if I could get a fish to knock him down a peg or two??

If you get a new fish get a fish that won't take his bullying Take the acara out of the tank. Rearrange the tank add the new fish then add the acara

I want to get a EBJD but I'm worried, the acara is fairly big like 3.5" compared to a baby Dempsey. What do you guys think?

I want to get a EBJD but I'm worried, the acara is fairly big like 3.5" compared to a baby Dempsey. What do you guys think?

EBJD will not work. A regular Jack yes but EBJD's are very passive and extremely sensative to stress. Sine your acara is such a bully I doubt an EBJD would last a day.

Sigh, they are so pretty though. I heard they can have temperaments just like regular dempseys. Suppose it's best not to chance it :(

Sigh, they are so pretty though. I heard they can have temperaments just like regular dempseys. Suppose it's best not to chance it :(

I have had 3 first one was kept with cherry barbs and cardinals died from Ich back when I using meds instead of the heat salt treatment. The second two I kept by them selves for the longest time they were getting beaten up by a german blue ram in the main tank. I added another fish in with them and they died of stress with 1 week of adding the new fish.

They are so pretty but for that price I am not going to attempt it again.

Back
Top Bottom