The Electric Yellow Chiclids and Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

got-to-love-Chiclids

Aquarium Advice Activist
When do the female electric yellow chiclids start to lay eggs? I am wondering because I want to switch over to tanganikan chiclids but want to grow and possibly breed these yellow labs before hand. They are younger water temp 76 Ph.8.4 feeding chiclid flaks and brineshrimp any help would be appreciated =)

I would say it varies; I had some that were three years old before they ever bred.

u mean yellow labs right? i dont work in ages but in size: if they are over 2 inches they can breed. if they are over 2 inches and have at least 2 females per male, they probably will breed. with good conditions and space, they will breed.

how big are yours?

my RZ was 2.5in and had 16 babies, my peaock was 3in and had 23. they dont have to be very big, just healthy xx

Vent them two small holes equall male smale and big female makes are going to be more colorful as where females are dimmer the electric yellow males will have more black, on there fin also males get chase dots on there anal fin

the black on fins and the egg spots are unreliable in many cases. my female RZ has more egg spots than the male. he was just paler and had tiny black spots on his face.
some male yellow labs become a dun yellow with dark black bars on the side, black around the eyes and very dark fins. this usually shows a dominant male x

Back
Top Bottom