Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-14-2014, 06:32 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thinking about setting up a 90 gallon cichlid tank?

I recently obtained a 90 gallon tank and I'm thinking about using it for cichlids but I need some suggestions... I've only ever kept angels and multifasciatus shell dwellers so I'm not sure what kind of cichlids I want so please show off your setups and stock list pics with fish names so I can look them up. Any advice would be great!

I also need some advice on a good filter for I tank this size do cichlids need a lot of over filtration?
Also advice on where to get cheaper rocks for the hardscape and if I need any specific kinds of rock?

Thank you for looking/replying(:

Sent from my Xoom using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 09-14-2014, 11:46 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thinking about setting up a 90 gallon cichlid tank?

You can't go wrong with some of the beginner species of Central American cichlids! I'll come up with a list for you or you can PM me and we will work out a stock list.

Fluval or Rena/filstar make great canisters that will work great for a 90. 6-10 times per hour or more of total volume turn over is what I shoot for in filtration for a cichlid tank.

As for inexpensive rock try your local creek/river as long as it pretty clean. Landscaping supply stores tend to have bulk rocks available for .10-75 a pound depending on what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 09-14-2014, 11:47 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Awesome thanks! Ill pm you

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tags
90 gallon, cichlid, gallon, ich, setting up, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com