Thinking about setting up a 90 gallon cichlid tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New_b0401

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently obtained a 90 gallon tank and I'm thinking about using it for cichlids but I need some suggestions... I've only ever kept angels and multifasciatus shell dwellers so I'm not sure what kind of cichlids I want so please show off your setups and stock list pics with fish names so I can look them up. Any advice would be great!

I also need some advice on a good filter for I tank this size do cichlids need a lot of over filtration?
Also advice on where to get cheaper rocks for the hardscape and if I need any specific kinds of rock?

Thank you for looking/replying:)

Sent from my Xoom using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You can't go wrong with some of the beginner species of Central American cichlids! I'll come up with a list for you or you can PM me and we will work out a stock list.

Fluval or Rena/filstar make great canisters that will work great for a 90. 6-10 times per hour or more of total volume turn over is what I shoot for in filtration for a cichlid tank.

As for inexpensive rock try your local creek/river as long as it pretty clean. Landscaping supply stores tend to have bulk rocks available for .10-75¢ a pound depending on what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Awesome thanks! Ill pm you

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom