Thinking about some Bolivians....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CA_BroncoFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've got a 20 long that has a few glo-lights,neons and a female betta. My lfs has some very pretty bolivian rams that I have taken a fancy to. I'm thinking about adding a couple more rock caves to the lightly planted look and adding a couple of them guys, now I know some sites say they're aggressive and can eat the neons but there are other that say they have them with dwarf gouarmis and neons and they do fine...thoughts??

I have had a bolivian or two for the past several months and they do fine with my dwarf gouamis (have 2). I also have tetras and other small non-aggressive fish.

The bolivian can be teritorial but they only case for a couple inches then go back to their spot. Most of the time it is closer to the bottom of the tank as well and the smaller fish stay toward the top of mine so not many problems at all.

I keep 6 Bolivians and they are with Danios, Gouramis & Cory Cats (Even some tiny baby ones) and they are fine. They get territorial while protecting their frys, but they only push the other fish that come close. They are a great addition IMO!

Hey, CA PM me I got a nice dwarf cichlid write up here, also my old man bought my 11 angels, all my tetras and 3 banjo cats from me yesterday for his 210, I am going 100% dwarf and found alot of great info on them and each particular species.

Supra my zip is 60118 USA im just outside of chicago.... london/windsor isnt but maybe 6 hours from me....

White devil ill shoot you a pm in a few but I went to the lfs and looked more closely and found they are calling them balloon rams, which I gather are a type (or the same) as golden rams? Anyways one in there is pretty aggressive always flashing and the other 3 are pretty reserved. They look pretty uniform so I think I'm gonna try and get a pair and not 2 males, but I've rearranged the tank to have 3 or 4 more caves for their arrival.

Yeah I replied I saw the balloon ones today(while drooling over some wild blues and heckle discus) among the ten or so different SA dwarfs they had to offer, the balloons are abnormal looking to me very abnormal kinda looks like a mini blood parrot body wise not head.

Yeah I replied I saw the balloon ones today(while drooling over some wild blues and heckle discus) among the ten or so different SA dwarfs they had to offer, the balloons are abnormal looking to me very abnormal kinda looks like a mini blood parrot body wise not head.

Yeah you are right, they do have kind of a funky body, but I'm a sucker for BP's (or dummy fish as my wife calls them..idk) so maybe that's why I like them. I think they look like raptors from jurassic park. Haha

I went ahead and got what i think is a male and a female. Theyre settling in now, so ill try and get some pics tomorrow.

boliv's arent common here at all, heck electric blues go for 30 a piece, german blues are from 11.50 a piece to 50 I saw today.

get some pics, boliv's are purty.

Wow, seriously. I just went to the 2 major fish stores in sacramento today before i went to my lfs and at the 2 stores in sac the had gbr, gold rams and balloon rams from 11.99-15.99 and i went to my lfs and found my two balloon rams for 9.99 with a tax free even too.

I want that crown ruby ram, but found EBR's local on aquabid for 15/ea I just asked him straight up if he does quantity discounts, I got two tanks to stock now. PLUS the old man wants some for his 210 as well.

Nice!!! Yeah the crowns are freakin sweet. its just crazy at how many different looks a ram can have. Theyre all pretty sweet to me. I cut the lights off on my guys and they are actually out exploring and chasing around my month old krib fry. I dont think id mind if they ate em since i have another batch that im taking to the fish store next week to get a credit on my mondo dw pieces.

my LFS has DW CHEAP what goes for 100+ on ebay he has for under 40 bucks.

I got two pieces smaller for my 40 tall and those two pieces take up ALOT of space but provide nice plant foundations.

He was out of rams but this local guy got back to me with YES and YES so I might be making a cruise down the river to get me some fish.

I saw XL GB's for sale today, they are NICE when they get full grown, Im talking NICE.

They had some XL Gold rams that were pretty sweet and had some mean "mowhawks" as i say.

My lfs has the two pieces about 3' each for 100 bucks for the pair and with my krib credit 80 bucks so ill be taking him upp on that.

Back
Top Bottom