Thorichthys meeki causing particals in water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikem691

Aquarium Advice Addict
My meeki constantly pick up poop and spit it out causing debris in the water and it drives me nuts. I feed only NLS once a day. I'm running 2 AC50's and a penguin 150
the 2 ac50's have polishing pads between the sponge and bio media.
Is there anything I can do or add to cut this down.
Its a 33 long with 6 meeki between 3 and 4". I do plan on re homing 2 when I get a pair or 2 out of the 6.
Thanks

of course I made this observation after feeding:facepalm: Its cleared up nicely. I think I need to spend more time in front of the tank.

Maybe throw a powerhead at the substrate to keep shhhtuff from settling

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

After you feed they will spend a good while pecking at stuff on the sand looking for more food. Which ends up stirring everything up into the water column.

There's nothing you can do about this, it's all part of owning cichlids. You'll have to dial down the OCD a bit and just let fish be fish. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

After you feed they will spend a good while pecking at stuff on the sand looking for more food. Which ends up stirring everything up into the water column.

There's nothing you can do about this, it's all part of owning cichlids. You'll have to dial down the OCD a bit and just let fish be fish. ;)

Never thought I had OCD till I started keeping fish again. I always called it " Paying Attention to details" LOL

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Then cichlids are the wrong type of fish for you, lol! You'll just have to let some things go.

What are you saying Mog something like a 5 gallon with one of those fake jelly fish on a string......na the string would be a problem.

So glad I can lure HUKIT out of the shadows.

I'd much rather be caught keeping tangs than guppies!

Some of those show guppies go for big bucks.. not that I'd know..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom