Tiger Oscar filtration question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xdq_21X

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 1 adult tiger Oscar that I’ve had for almost 2 years now, he/she is in a 75 gal tank with a 40 gal sump underneath...I’m leaving for college and my parents are going to have to take care of him/her. So I wanted to switch to a canister filter for easy of maintenance for them ( not about time and effort just easier to understand) and I was looking into the fluval fx6 as my main filter and then an Eheim canister 2211 as a polishing filter. Would this be good enough filtration?

I have 1 adult tiger Oscar that I’ve had for almost 2 years now, he/she is in a 75 gal tank with a 40 gal sump underneath...I’m leaving for college and my parents are going to have to take care of him/her. So I wanted to switch to a canister filter for easy of maintenance for them ( not about time and effort just easier to understand) and I was looking into the fluval fx6 as my main filter and then an Eheim canister 2211 as a polishing filter. Would this be good enough filtration?

I would go with a 2217 it will do a better job

Who's going to be able to pick that thing up to move it? How serious are they about caring for the fish? I'd almost leave the sump and get a pond pump for draining and refilling.

Back
Top Bottom