Tiger oscar in 55 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello I want to put a tiger Oscar in my 55 gallon, along with one or two jack dempseys, I also want a pleco that can stand up to the Oscar and also a bottom feeder that can stand up to these
Does it sound good?
Thanks
Also, can these be ok with live plants?
Thanks

I have two red tiger oscars about 3 inches, very beautiful. Let me know if you're interested. I have them in the 20 gallons for 3 months now so I think 55 gallons should be great from them.

Attachments

• image-1092624953.jpg
    image-1092624953.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 84
Oh wow those are beautiful, might think it, but I really need to know if one can go in a 55 gallon

Ok one Oscar

Are you sure nothing else, not even something like a Raphael catfish, or synodontis lace catfish?

Oh wow those are beautiful, might think it, but I really need to know if one can go in a 55 gallon

One oscar and nothing else or something is gonna die. You can have a large common pleco as he shoudnt harm him. Their surroundings should blend with them so tons of dw and darker rocks

Depends on how fast it can grow but you have at least a year or a year and a half before it out grow your 55 gallons tank. If you want two oscars, you need to introduce them to the tank at the same time and needs to be similar in sizes. As far as pleco, you can have one cuz you wouldn't want two plecos in a tank anyway. Let me know if you have anymore questions or want more pictures of my oscars. striker089@yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom