Time for a change?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acejock999

Aquarium Advice Regular
About 18 months ago I decided I wanted to start an African Cichlid tank. I went with Lake Malawi cichlids. Had a pretty successful tank, but now I'm thinking about making the change. Actually I made the change. I converted my 90 gallon to a South American cichlid tank. NowI probably didn't follow the proper steps, I simply cleared my 90 gallon of all African Cichlids, cleaned the tank, changed a few items decoration, then bought a couple small Central American cichlids and put them in the tank.

It seems like the Central American cichlids get so much larger and from what I see on videos seem much more interactive with their owners. Well we'll see if in the coming weeks and months if this change results and me converting my other tank to Central American cichlids also, but as of now I am a bi-continental cichlid keeper.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

you wont regret it. Colors are brighter on most africans but personality and over all look I think are much better on new world cichlids. So what kind did you wind of getting?

I have a 90 and got an Oscar and a jd. Really small. Look like the tank is empty so I didn't want to send a picture.

I have a 90 and got an Oscar and a jd. Really small. Look like the tank is empty so I didn't want to send a picture.

Cool man. In a few months youll find turds the size the oscar is now so enjoy it while lasts;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What is the other tank like a 180g tank? Can't remember now

You could make the 90h the african tank and the bigger tank your SA tank 90g is kinda small for a SA tank anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes. The other is a 180 i bought from an auction. Well the 180 has maybe 30 fish in it. I think it is here to stay.

I actually think I will end up doing a third tank. 250 or so.

250 would be a perfect SA tank you have a ton of possibilities with that

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom