To spend or not to spend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imrandome1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well i have my new juwel tank its cycled and so on, anyway in my other tank i have a fluval filter it great, the filter in my juwel tank is in built its okay as its has a huge gallon per hour things and there is a hell of a current poor fish, but the water is never crystal clear, so do i buy at new fluval filter at £100.00 and use that even though i cant take the in built 1 out, or do i keep it, its not that great eg has no room for bio media and has a current that is crazy as well as being nosy so do i spend or dont spend on a new filter? any suggestions?

What are your water levels testing out as?

How many fish are in your tank?

What kind of fish are they?

how long has your tank been set up?

How large is your tank per gallon?

You might not need a new filter... So at this time I wouldn't go spending that much money on a new one.

the levels are fine, and so is the gallon per hour is fine, so atm i have 2 gourami and im going to get 3 angel fish and 1 bela shark soooo not much 4 a 50gallon tank, its just i like to have the water crystal clean i guess its me just being fussy, and i like the fluval filter more as in the design and bio media etc but im not sure if its worth the money.

When you set up the tank was it cloudy before you added the fish or after? Do you have any plants?

When I first set up my tank I didn't get the gravel cleaned all the way and it was cloudy for awhile.. I even tried water clarifier and that didn't work. Could that also be the case in your tank? Also are the fish acting okay? the more water changes I did the more clear it became but it did take some time.

What model fluval do you have? Several of the fluvals have a flow control built in them.

sorry if im not being clear, presently i have a juwel built in filter, and im thinking of getting a external fluval filter, i already got 1 extetnal fluval for my 30gal tank and it works great. Back to the 50gal built in one, its got a huge current for the fish and is nosy, not very effective and so on so i cant make my mind up if i should make the jump and buy a new fluval one for it, as i now they work a lot better! sorry if i was not clear.

When you set up the tank was it cloudy before you added the fish or after? Do you have any plants?

Well it was at first but i now thats okay cuz it was cycling, then i added fish fine, then 2 weeks later its starting to get cloudy again, and yes there are live plants in it, would that effect it?

Btw Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20 nothing can be done about that its in the tap water

I'd go and get it just because its noisy. I cant stand noisy filters, and canisters are far superior to "built in" ones.

you can lower your nitrates with purigen, Denitrate, lotso f medias if you use a cansiter filter, canisters are awesome beacuse you can customize your filtering

yep im going to save ( im 16 takes like 2 weeks to get the money lol) and get it in the long run i think it will do the tank wonders, as weel as a better filter system and happy fish not having to swim in the crazy current. Thanks for all your help.!

I wish i could get my mum and dad into fish, but they could not care a less ( even though i have to tanks) it would just help as i have to pay for it all, so sharing the cost would be nice, garrr never mind lol just a random message sorry im bored lol.

Back
Top Bottom