transporting angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kirkland795

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 4 baby angels, 1 blood parrot and various other small fresh water fish. I am going to be moving in a couple of months and wanted to know the best way to go about this with as little stress on the fish as possible. I have moved goldfish in 5 gallon buckets before and they can handle a temperature drop fine but I know cichlids need a more consistent temperature. Putting all the fish in 5 gallon buckets, draining the tank, moving the tank, and refilling it with water will take quite a bit of time and I'm worried that the water temperature in the buckets will change too much. Any suggestions?

Fast them for a day, bag them with half tank water, half tap water with a 4x dose of Prime. This will effectively give them a 50% water change with a double dose of Prime in the bag. Put the bags in a cooler to maintain temperature, as long as you don't keep the cooler outdoors they'll be good for 24-48 hours.

Back
Top Bottom