Trouble in Troopers Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mlani

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have an 80 gal freshwater discus community tank, running custom filtration all parameters great, plastic & real plants, gravel & sand substrate. Loads of hiding places.
Now the trouble.. It seems someone is eating my dither fish!! I have 4 discus, down to THREE rasboras (from 15) Von rios are still 5 cardinals are depleted ..Someone is seriously HUNGRY in my tank!! No bodies other than the rasboras and they're half chewed up. I have no glow lights left either! Glass catfish are fine no losses there. Cory cats are good, my syno cat is still putzing around the tank. That leaves my albino shark.. And I don't see him anywhere.. Ok he's in his log. Can't tell yet if he has a bigger belly on him or not. It's either the discus or the shark is my guess? What do you think?

My money is on the discus. I have a hyper aggressive one who wiped out 12 cardinal tetras and believe it or not a 3 inch EBJD.

image-3666629682.jpg

Here is killer.

Omg! Your Killer and my Trooper look like two of the same! I've never seen any of them show any kind of aggression towards any of the other fish. At first (when I added the three new discus) Trooper chased the crap out of them. That's the only time I've seen anything remotely aggressive in this tank..until now lol! I'm feeding them plenty to eat. Do you think it's out of hunger or more territorial?

Attachments

• image-1738007520.jpg
    image-1738007520.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 58
Definite territorial. He is a pig when it comes to food. Almost s acts like there is not enough to share.

Back
Top Bottom