Trying out discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium advice master

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got a small discus i know how to feed him and care for him but he's hiding and i think he doesn't like the flakes i am feeding him I just got him today is he just adjusting to his new tank or should I go and buy bloodworms any body's advice on what I sould do?

Here's a pic he just a baby so not that much color yet.

Attachments

• image-3378904425.jpg
    image-3378904425.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 97
He looks stunted already. His eyes are too big for his body. Don't know where you got him. I feed mine beefheart and bloodworms.

Here a diffrent pic the other one i zoom in to much i think

Attachments

• image-1901861993.jpg
    image-1901861993.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 97
Here's what he look now. He's hiding under some driftwood.

Attachments

• image-1877510939.jpg
    image-1877510939.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 86
He's about 1 inch to 2 inch big and will he still eat stunned. And what happens when he is stunned?

it means he's not as big and healthy as he should be at his current age. They eyes will tell his size he should be at. He will still eat, and you can still care for him, he just won't be that pretty of a specimen.

As to how to identify stunted, to me is big pop eyes, skinny body, ultraman fish head and always with a long white poo attached. I read this online and mine just has big eyes not a skinny body,ultraman fish head and always with a long white poo attached i might just be a slow grower

As to how to identify stunted, to me is big pop eyes, skinny body, ultraman fish head and always with a long white poo attached. I read this online and mine just has big eyes not a skinny body,ultraman fish head and always with a long white poo attached i might just be a slow grower

Unlikely that he is a slow grower. Fishes eyes don't usually grow out of proportion with the rest of their body.

When will he stop hiding in the corner?

When he is comfortable.

And if he is stunned will he still get more color?

He should color up. It's the full grown size that will be an issue.

It's good to note that a discus is a schooling fish and should be kept in groups.

How much experience do you have with keeping fish?

Back
Top Bottom