twin cities MN shopping help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishcakes

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am in the cities till Wed. Jan 23 and then ill be back next weekend. I have found a few shops with cichlids but would like to hit up more. I am always on the hunt for more females or that special male. Can anyone recommend a shop or two.

World of Fish in Richfield, or Aqualand in Minneapolis. They usually have a good selection, I'm just getting into cichlids, so disclaimer on that note.

I have found the top two are a world of fish in Richfield and a wet pet in apple valley. If you have time for the drive, forest lake pets is supposed to be huge, and great. I've also heard of aqua tropics, tetra quatics, and aqualand aquarium

I was able to get to A world of fish and Aqualand today. I am going to try to hit up as many of the others as I can.

Does anybody know anything about Go Aquatics or The Fish Guy Shop?

Please give a report on the lfs you get to see. I am close to Aqua tropics and have been to terre quatics but havent ventured out to the others (other than petco & petsmart)

A World Of Fish was a average shopping experience. Lots of tanks not too much floor space. Workers were good at asking if you had questions.
Aqualand was a larger store freshwater and salt water tanks were in separate areas plus a room full of tank and stand set-ups. Staff didn't hound you but asked if you needed help.
Forest lake pets OMG large room of tanks. The prices varied but out of any store I have ever been to their fish were much larger. So you aren't buying a 1" to 2" fish your getting something for your money. Plus pleco and cats in every tank. Staff was busy so I had to wait a bit to get help.
I am Going to have to plan another trip up.

Back
Top Bottom