Types of dwarf cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I everyone could people help me with what types of dwarf cichlids there are and what goes well with them thankyou :)

How big is your tank? Apistogrammas and mikrogeophagus are hardy new world dwarf cichlids that do well with tetras, corydoras, and guppies.

Species of the following genus are considered dwarfs. Apistogramma, apistogrammoides, pelvicachromis, discoross, nanochromis, laetacara, and mikrogeophagus.

With the right setup there's not much that can't work. Community type fish make good tank mates as long as their needs match up. Dwarf cichlids are kinda my thing. I love them!

My tabk is 160l what fish should i have in it aparts from rams as allready got pair if bolivian and electric blue rams

Id go with one or two schools of some type of schooling fish. Serpae and Colombian tetras are some of my favorites. Otos are also a good choice, they are small sucker catfish that eat lot of stuff.

There's also taeniacara, ivannacara, crenicichla dwarves (regani, compressiceps), telocichlia, neolamprologus, lamprologus, nanochromis...and many more, there are a TON of drwaf cichlids, but most aren't available to the average fish enthusiast

Also Nannacara.

I would not recommend keeping Colombian tetras with rams at all. I kept some for several years and, in addition to becoming fairly large, they were so active and spazzy that they had all the other fish in my tank stressed. Other fish were large festivum and a large pair of rotkeil severums. I ended up removing them and the severums spawned the next week.

What other fish should i hae in that tank

Also Nannacara. I would not recommend keeping Colombian tetras with rams at all. I kept some for several years and, in addition to becoming fairly large, they were so active and spazzy that they had all the other fish in my tank stressed. Other fish were large festivum and a large pair of rotkeil severums. I ended up removing them and the severums spawned the next week.
I thought TCC put nannacara lol he put nanochromis as well

Also Nannacara. I would not recommend keeping Colombian tetras with rams at all. I kept some for several years and, in addition to becoming fairly large, they were so active and spazzy that they had all the other fish in my tank stressed. Other fish were large festivum and a large pair of rotkeil severums. I ended up removing them and the severums spawned the next week.

Really? Mine are calm, they go a little crazy when feeding (swimming around fast) I keep them with my rams and never had a problem

Back
Top Bottom