Underwater Camera - African Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alyxandria

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My boyfriend bought me a new underwater dive camera as an early Christmas gift so this was my first attempt at filming in the fish tank lol

Be sure to watch in 1080p - SO worth it.

http://youtu.be/bg0wML-_Wag

Well done! The fish were like "Hey! Wth! What kind of fish are you?" Even the pleco was annoyed.
Felt like I was in the tank. Sure is noisy underwater.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks!! They were pretty confused about the camera that's for sure lol.

I tried to take a video inside my grow-out tank and it was pretty hilarious they wouldn't stop nipping at my arm and the camera.

If I get more good clips I'll be sure to share. Gonna fill up that YouTube channel with fish videos :)

I'll be snorkelling in the florida aquarium next week so hoping they'll let me take my camera in!!

Just curious, which camera are you using?
It would be cool if the camera was on a stick and the fish did not notice it and went about their business. We're talking a cichlid style reality show.
Sure, think of us while snorkeling next week. Especially those of us getting snow :)

Just curious, which camera are you using?
It would be cool if the camera was on a stick and the fish did not notice it and went about their business. We're talking a cichlid style reality show.
Sure, think of us while snorkeling next week. Especially those of us getting snow :)

Haha I'm in Canada (Northern Ontario specifically) so I know the snow feel! I was thinking about the stick idea. Get them used to it so they don't feel too bothered by it lol.

The reality show comment made me laugh. Season finale scandal Carly (OB Peacock) crossbreeds with Jason (Bumblebee) and his BFF Sonny (Dragonblood) puts a hit out on Jason because Sonny is still in love with Carly. BAM.

The camera I'm using is a Nikon CoolPix AW120.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418935176.141087.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418935227.877035.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418935249.382590.jpg

I love this! I hope I can get a camera one day. Amazing video wonderful fish you have!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The dive is tomorrow morning so hoping they'll let me take the camera in. Fingers crossed!!

Thank you :)

Here is the short video I got before my camera died... Just my luck eh! Oh well, I managed to capture a nice memory!

Camera died? You mean battery ran out? Or the camera no longer works? I hope it is not the latter :(
Still, nice footage. Would it be cool if you could swim to the bottom and have the rays swim over head :)

Yes the battery died thank goodness not the latter! It would have been cool - the silver guys came really close and the stingrays were HUGE. :)

The silver guys are "Permit fish" like in my avatar. ;) Where in Florida is this? Love permit fish! The other silver guys are either Lookdown or moonfish.

Thanks!! Wasn't sure the name. The aquarium is in Tampa Bay - near the Amalie Arena (home of Tampa Bay Lightning) but also discovered another one in Clearwater that I might check out tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom