Upgrading and need advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Girl

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I've finally bitten the bullet and ordered a new 4x2x2 tank with pine cabinet and hood for my Malawi cichlids.

I have decided to go with the Eheim 2217 as I have been running a 2213 on my 55 gal tank for the last year and love it.

I'm now looking at substrate and have my heart set on black sand but like many others I'm confused on which one to choose.

I am in Queensland, Australia and the choices seem a bit limited.

I can get Tahitian Moon Sand for $40 per 9.2kg bag (thinking I'll need 4 bags) or Serenity Freshwater Substrate - Black Diamond Sand for $25 per 10kg bag.

Does anyone have any experience with the Serenity Substrate or have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Well I've finally bitten the bullet and ordered a new 4x2x2 tank with pine cabinet and hood for my Malawi cichlids.

I have decided to go with the Eheim 2217 as I have been running a 2213 on my 55 gal tank for the last year and love it.

I'm now looking at substrate and have my heart set on black sand but like many others I'm confused on which one to choose.

I am in Queensland, Australia and the choices seem a bit limited.

I can get Tahitian Moon Sand for $40 per 9.2kg bag (thinking I'll need 4 bags) or Serenity Freshwater Substrate - Black Diamond Sand for $25 per 10kg bag.

Does anyone have any experience with the Serenity Substrate or have any other suggestions?

Thanks!
I am very limited up here with choose too. I can't get Tahitian but I found JBL Sansibar Black Gravel. It's quite fine and I believe it's more of a sand than a gravel. I haven't seen either in person but I believe they are very similar.....

Hoping someone has some experience with Serenity - it's quite a price difference but I don't want to skimp and then regret it. On the other hand, I'm not skimping on filter or heater so it's starting to add up lol.

Back
Top Bottom