Upside down and Pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zecolmeia

Aquarium Advice Regular
Right now I have a 40 breeder with 2 yellow labs one "marmelade" peacock and one "blue hap". Least thats how the lfs was selling em. They are all small around 2 inches. Id like to add an upside cat and a bn pleco and then add about 7 or so more small peackcocks. Will this work?

bamadude91 said:
So an upside down catfish can potentially work in an african cichlid tank?

I've never tryed that one so I don't know for sure. I've heard both yes and no. I think they have armor so it may do ok. Nothing is ever set in stone with africans. Other words it may work for one but not another

I had one but he died after a while and hid a lot. I don't think the death was from aggression though. It may have been that he was stunted back when I was uneducated about fish. I think generally synos are good with Africans. Just be sure to rearrange the decor. I also think they like to be in groups.

All 4 get too big? Labstoo? I'm having a hard time finding fish I'm looking for. They a're only 2 inches or so now. How big does hap and peacock get? How long does it take

Zecolmeia said:
All 4 get too big? Labstoo? I'm having a hard time finding fish I'm looking for. They a're only 2 inches or so now. How big does hap and peacock get? How long does it take

They get all different sizes, haps are generally pretty big but some stay small.

Here is a stocking guide for a 40b
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/cookie_cutter_40g.php

Back
Top Bottom