Urgent Blood Red Parrot Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaMason

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have a 3 year old BRP and about 2 weeks ago we moved him from his 30 gallon tank to a 125. he was fine for the first couple of days but then he started swimming lower in the tank and kinda looks like he is wobbling around. and on his forehead area his scales have started to lighten and it looks like a hump is starting to become more pronounced. he doesnt look sick he just seems to be acting wierd and was wondering if anyone knows whats going on. he is an amazing fish and would hate for him to die. btw the tank parameters are fine and we have a 50 galloon set up just incase we need to move him. any and all advice is greatly appreciated, sorry to be so long winded.

My BP turned really light (almost white) when he gets stressed so when I moved him from a ten gallon he started acting weird by having his head downwards and turned light but now he is fine. I think because you moved him he could be stressed. Is he getting bullied any?

thats what i was thinking but i wasnt sure i just wanted to make sure. it would be depressing if he died haha

AquaMason said:
thats what i was thinking but i wasnt sure i just wanted to make sure. it would be depressing if he died haha

Yea it would I got 2 myself they are back in 55G (had to seal tank). It took mine about 4-5 days to get use to the tank. If his gills aren't flapping right then you should be worried.

i check but im not sure what to look at. any key things to look for and the paleness is only on his forehead...is that normal?

AquaMason said:
i forgot to mention that was doing barrel rolls the other day on the sand if that helps any

Mine had the paleness there too but he was okay. Does he look okay (no white spot ,no nipped fins or anything)?? Mine never did barrel rolls :/ but I didn't have sand. Levels are ok..hmmf. That doesn't sound good but could just be personality.

he acts mostly normal unless im close to the tank which is why im worried. he used to follow everybody around if you were close to the tank

AquaMason said:
he acts mostly normal unless im close to the tank which is why im worried. he used to follow everybody around if you were close to the tank

Maybe watch him with the light off that's what I do and I found out he was getting attacked badly. Maybe that's it but I don't know though. Maybe he is still getting use to the tank or something.

Back
Top Bottom