"Used" & "Pre-treated" DW Questions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Tex

Aquarium Advice Addict
well i picked up a suhhweet piece of driftwood off a local with a 125 malawi tank and he had pulled it out of his tank about a month ago and it sat in his shed for the entire time, i picked it up and now i wanna trim it up and use it in my tank, he said it was treated and bled out before he got it and never turned his water brown at all, so should i just dunk it in my tank and forget about it? or should i give it a good scrubbing? maybe a second soaking? just a rinse? help me out guys i wanna finish my 37g bow front build already!

I thought you said you were going to cut it down. My bad. Use a hard bristle brush but not steel. A steel brush will make the wood splinter and fray.

well its a monster now its still going to be a big piece afterwards its about a 40"x10"x30" peice right now im going to trim it down to 22"x10"x14"

I use a grout brush

i think i have one of those in the shed, so just a hot water rinse, light brishing with a stiff brush and dont fray the wood, alright guys ill be cutting it to size when i get outta work today and doing some good cleaning ill be posting in my 37g yard sale tank build thread thanks for all the quick responses! (y)

Back
Top Bottom