Veggies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Labenator65000

Aquarium Advice FINatic
The other day I made a batch of fresh unseasoned green beans I set a few aside and froze them in a small container, figuring I would thaw out and toss in one every now and then for my Bristlenose Pleco. My Mbuna don't really pay too much attention to them after everyone has had a taste of them. Once I actually saw the Bristlenose sucking away on it, and even my Featherfin nibbles at them. Well, I thought I'd try the same thing with peas, so again after making a batch I froze a few in a container, to toss one or two in every now and then after thawing them out again. Well, the Mbuna love the peas. Most of them suck the insides out and leave the husk for the BNP to clean up after hours. My EB Hap Ahli is such a pig. It actually sucked in an entire pea. It was a bit alarming. It was struggling with the pea, and looked like it was trying to discharge it for a good few minutes. I thought I was going to have to figure out how to do the Heimlich maneuver on a fish. It must eventually dissolved, though, because it finally joined in the game of keep-away with the algae wafer that I dropped in earlier.

LOL. You would have to teach a class if you figured out to do the heimlich on a fish. I think most people shell the peas before feeding them probably for that very reason. :)

I notice that veggies are more messy than pellets. They also always seem to find their way to one of my filter intakes.

Last night my EB Hap Ahli sucked in three whole peas at once! It couldn't even get it's mouth closed. It finally realized it's limit and ejected two of them, then gagged down the last. Funny thing is that once he got it down he went right back and got another one.

Back
Top Bottom