Veggies For Africans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DjBootleg

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, I work at Subway. Which I'm here now lol. Was thinking about bringing home some veggies for my cichlids as a snack.. What would be good? We have a variety of veggies if you don't know.

Anyway I also have 2 rainbow sharks an about 30 Tiger Barbs in there do it has to b ok for them to eat to.

Thanks!

Romain lettuce is good, my mbuna love it. You probably dont have peas there but they also love those. Cucumber is also a favorite in my tank. Sometimes i also put in zuccini and that gets devoured as well. My pleco loves all of these as well.

Romain lettuce is good, my mbuna love it. You probably dont have peas there but they also love those. Cucumber is also a favorite in my tank. Sometimes i also put in zuccini and that gets devoured as well. My pleco loves all of these as well.

I just tried to feed some shredded cucumber and spinach. They wanted nothing to do with it lol.

My gangs favorite is cucumbers. I cut thick slices diagonally & stab it with a fork and prop it up in the tank, they hollow them out in minutes & I just have a rind left. I've also fed them zucchini, lettuce & even broccoli. Cucumber is by far they're favorite so they get that more often. I also give mine seaweed once or twice a week and they go nuts over it.

Mine will only eat peas. The only way I've found that they will eat other stuff is grind it up and make cubes out of it with a little spirulina and a little tad bit of fish to make it sticky.

Back
Top Bottom