Vieja synspilium questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscar98

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got a 4-4.5" synspilium today for $12 at the lfs. I was just wondering how it will get a long with a male con and salvini. I have it in my 150g with
2- 2" jags
2- cons
2 jewels (ugh)
1- salvini

The salvini and con and syn are around the same size and the con and sal are "beating" on the syn. I know this is establishing the pecking order but some websites say syns are peacefull and others say aggressive. I know they are not as aggressive as a jag but it is easily defending itself agains the others for now. So im just wondering if i will have any future problems with the sal and syn. The cons are going as soon as i can get rid of them

Good luck. I had a jewel take one out the only tome I tried one. I hope he is ok. Beautiful fish when they color up

Only reason I say that is cuz obviously ur not attached to them! I do have a heart!

Yah they're cool till u realize what's really out there that u can get. So are your festae not in the 150?

Yah they're cool till u realize what's really out there that u can get. So are your festae not in the 150?

No there pretty small. Plus although they are aggressive i didnt want to lose them to the jewels and cons XD the 4 .75-1" are in a 20long and the 2 1.5-2.5" are in a 55.

No there pretty small. Plus although they are aggressive i didnt want to lose them to the jewels and cons XD the 4 .75-1" are in a 20long and the 2 1.5-2.5" are in a 55.

Good idea! I really wanted that big tank you sent link to so I can do a nice sa/ca tank but on second floor I can't have that much weight and in garage I have no running water so water changes would be a nightmare. That was my deciding factor. I could have used garden hose to fill back up but that water only come out cold.

Good idea! I really wanted that big tank you sent link to so I can do a nice sa/ca tank but on second floor I can't have that much weight and in garage I have no running water so water changes would be a nightmare. That was my deciding factor. I could have used garden hose to fill back up but that water only come out cold.

What about a 50' aqueon water changer??

After the jewels and cons go ill add the two bigger festae. But i may sell those to and get a couple wild caught festae. I dont yet.

What about a 50' aqueon water changer??

After the jewels and cons go ill add the two bigger festae. But i may sell those to and get a couple wild caught festae. I dont yet.

Yah. I have the 25' one and it won't hook up to my faucet. It did the first time them threads on the plastic piece got stripped and now I drain out the window on both tanks and fill with 5 gal buckets

Yah. I have the 25' one and it won't hook up to my faucet. It did the first time them threads on the plastic piece got stripped and now I drain out the window on both tanks and fill with 5 gal buckets

Another guy on here (bmarine) may be getting a 200+ gallon for around $150 and he wants africans im trying to convince him to get new worlds XD

Another guy on here (bmarine) may be getting a 200+ gallon for around $150 and he wants africans im trying to convince him to get new worlds XD

Thy would be sweet for haps but too big to waste on mbuna (even tho I love em) There are so many Malawi haps that are awesome and bigger than mbuna. You should look into it for your NEXT tank! ;-)

Hopefully I will get it! The problem is that the tank and stand were built as 1 piece, so its hard to move it! But yeah I'm hoping for some good big haps! And no way would i put mbuna in a tank like that, they fit fine in my 55!

Back
Top Bottom