Wanna know the type of this fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mhdsamour

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
6bc7f9b8e1692c027595efb924f54063.jpg

38874e58e47d3af90844e4258f8df327.jpg

Hello
Please i want to know about the fish in the pictures. What does it called and information about keeping it and the types of fish that lives with it

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no clue, you'll need hukit or freak gecko in on this one. Hybrid African if I had to guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have no clue, you'll need hukit or freak gecko in on this one. Hybrid African if I had to guess.

I guess it' s hybrid too but couldn't figure it out. Anw thx you bro

Mbuna? Solusi and goldfish cross haha

OB Peacock.... Have one that is similar......ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1471634455.074870.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I got it today but i think she still afraid from it,s surrounding coz she's always hiding in the corner of the aquarium

Yes, OB (orange blotched) peacock

Appears to be male

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Most the bright color peacocks are male the females are usually one solid color like silver.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Does it live with a columbian shark in the same aquarium i putted a columbian shark 3" long but she keeps bullying him. What the types of fish that could live with a peacock ?

I just went through this with a friend of mine, peacocks are open water swimmers so it's recommended to have a longer tank (4ft +) what size tank, peacocks are a sub hap species , they mix well with labs, do not mix with mbunas, as for the shark I cannot find anything and I would rehome him before they kill him.

Could you list all your fish, filter( brand/ model ) , tank size I can go from there

I have a 55gallon aquarium brought just for the peacock. I never got one before so it's my first experience with it. For the shark i'll put him back in his original aquarium

I would personally get a few more male peacocks because they are social fish and become lonely, you could get one female but i wouldn't get 1 female and more males because there will be sexual aggression, if you get more males there might be territorial aggression but that's where over stocking is a bonus cause there's no terrortiry to claim.

Warning: At least 5 x Orange Peacock are recommended in a group.
Warning: Orange Peacock is not recommended to be with Shark Catfish - lake Malawi species should not be mixed with other groups including mbuna species.
Warning: Shark Catfish is not recommended for your tank - it may eventually outgrow your tank space, potentially reaching up to 14 inches.
Warning: Shark Catfish requires brackish water.

Warning: At least 5 x Orange Peacock are recommended in a group.
Warning: Orange Peacock is not recommended to be with Shark Catfish - lake Malawi species should not be mixed with other groups including mbuna species.
Warning: Shark Catfish is not recommended for your tank - it may eventually outgrow your tank space, potentially reaching up to 14 inches.
Warning: Shark Catfish requires brackish water.

Thanks mate for the info

Yw bud I would ask someone more knowledgeable than me in a separate post in cichlid discussion about how many to stock to see how many you should get because the over crowded method is better i just don't personally know how much to over crowd 5 might be plenty.

Back
Top Bottom