Wanting to start a 25 gal tang tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

komer30

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm cycling my 25 gal tank right now and would like to add Lake Tang cichlids. Here are the ones I'm partial to:
Inkfin Calvus, Lemon Cichlids, Daffodil, Neolamprologus Cylindricus, Blue neon Cichilid, and Orange Back Cobue.
Which of these would you recommend for a 25 gal tank?
I was also considering using a Dwarf Gourami or Harlequin or Rummy Nose Tetras as dither fish.
Any suggestions on these ideas??

The Calvus are extremely slow growers. You may want to upgrade to a 45 in about 2 years. I think a group of them would look outstanding. I would also add a lemon cichlid for a splash of color but no more than 1. When ever I try to add more than 1 together they act like little jerks beating everyone up. But that is just my experience I have seen others that do fine in pairs and groups.

I never had Neolamprologus Cylindricus, the common name is "poor mans frontosa" but despite the name they are very expensive near me. I hear they are highly aggressive and need allot of space so they wont work in your tank.

Back
Top Bottom