water change help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nathanden

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i do a 10 to 15% water change every week but the problem i find is it takes about a.week for the water to be cristal clear any thoughts

If you really want Crystal Clear water carbon helps. I don't think 10-15% weekly is enough.

90 gal us i have carbon in my filter so should i be doing 50 percent?

If you really want Crystal Clear water carbon helps. I don't think 10-15% weekly is enough.

Depending on your bioload 10-15%/week may be sufficient. What do you have stocked in the tank currently? What are your readings for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate (either before or after a 10-15% water change)?

If you are running aquaclear 110's when was the last time you replaced the carbon? After 2-4 weeks most carbon has absorbed all it can and needs to be replaced.

Since you are running 2 HOBs you might want to consider running activated carbon in one filter and replacing the carbon with Seachem Purigen in the other filter.

i have 24 asorted cichlids 1 pleco i change the carbon once a month on Sunday ill have water readings after the water change (all.African)

Back
Top Bottom