Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-27-2020, 12:07 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Weird behavior or normal?

So our tank recently got Ich and all our fishes died so weíre looking into branching out from gold fish and trying a cichlid. Our friend has a tank with 3 parrot cichlids and they always look like theyíre dead like They rest on plants and donít move.

The people who got the fish said they were told the fish store Medicates the fish so they act normal in the store so people buy them and that this not moving is their normal behavior. They said they sometimes see them swimming around but only when the fish canít tell their looking and that as soon as the fish sees them they stop moving.

Is this normal behavior? Do cichlids not move around much? Do the pet stores medicate them to act normal? I donít want to get a fish and it never move

Old 02-27-2020, 12:45 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh dear; yeah please donít take advice from people with fish who act like that! No a cichlid looking dead all the time and not moving is very much not normal.

Old 02-27-2020, 08:52 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

...... O_O I have never heard of that in my life. I would not listen to a word these people say about fish if I were you. I can't even think of what substance would result in that fantasy active fish behavior...
Skai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:47 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks! I thought it sounded strange lol

I tried looking it up online a couldn’t find anything about them acting weird like that or the medication stuff. I’ve always thought those fish looked cool maybe I’ll start researching on how to keep them

Tags
behavior, weir, weird

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com